Hello beautiful people!
I have had my nose in a book all July and i am happy! So here are my top five books i recommend along with a mini review of them. I hope you enjoy and support these authors.
- Fangs by Sarah Anderson: this book was given to me by the publisher(Andrew McMeel Publishing) via Netgalley all opinions are mine. Although It’s different from the comics Sarah is known for, it is a fun read. Love between a vampire and werewolf ( who are supposed to hate each other) this brings a romcom of opposites attract. If you need a fluffy fun read check this one out.
summary: Vamp is three hundred years old but in all that time, she has never met her match. This all changes one night in a bar when she meets a charming werewolf. FANGS chronicles the humor, sweetness, and awkwardness of meeting someone perfectly suited to you but also vastly different.
- Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan: I have been wanting to do a review on this books but i just don’t know where to start other than to shout READ THE DAMN BOOK! This is a friends to lovers story, except this isn’t as easy as it seems. There are obstacles to be overcome and secrets that are threaten the peace. The sex scenes? SCORCHING! off the charts! Seeing a black woman in politics owning her power and walking tall..PRICELESS. Seriously check this book out! ( Okay this one’s summary was long AF so click the link to read)
- Take a Hint Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert: Last year i was on everyones neck to read Get a life Chloe Brown. This year i am telling you to get in line and read Take a Hint Dani Brown. Why? Because you are about to meet Zafir and Danika Brown #Dr Rugbae and fall in love with them. We have a sweet and sensitive ex-rugby turned security guy and a black queer,Plus size ( and Sexy Af) phD student with pink hair…are you swooning yet? No? okay get this , they have to fake date meanwhile they are pining for each other . It was sweet to watch Dani fall in love with Zafir, her character development was well done. And Zafir my sweet cinnabun who just wants a to love his woman in peace, i like that he found someone to be there for him and appreciate him the way he is. He brought out the best in Dani and she did the same…a match made by Oshun. Summary: Danika Brown knows what she wants: professional success, academic renown, and an occasional roll in the hay to relieve all that career-driven tension. But romance? Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt. Romantic partners, whatever their gender, are a distraction at best and a drain at worst. So Dani asks the universe for the perfect friend-with-benefits—someone who knows the score and knows their way around the bedroom. When brooding security guard Zafir Ansari rescues Dani from a workplace fire drill gone wrong, it’s an obvious sign: PhD student Dani and ex-rugby player Zaf are destined to sleep together. But before she can explain that fact, a video of the heroic rescue goes viral. Now half the internet is shipping #DrRugbae—and Zaf is begging Dani to play along. Turns out, his sports charity for kids could really use the publicity. Lying to help children? Who on earth would refuse? Dani’s plan is simple: fake a relationship in public, seduce Zaf behind the scenes. The trouble is, grumpy Zaf’s secretly a hopeless romantic—and he’s determined to corrupt Dani’s stone-cold realism. Before long, he’s tackling her fears into the dirt. But the former sports star has issues of his own, and the walls around his heart are as thick as his… um, thighs. Suddenly, the easy lay Dani dreamed of is more complex than her thesis. Has her wish backfired? Is her focus being tested? Or is the universe just waiting for her to take a hint?
- Your dad will do by Katee Roberts: Okay when i picked up this book i was expecting a meh story. BUT HOLY SHIT!!! This is the definition of smut. Katee doesn’t waste time to introduce us to the filthy, sexy, steamy ”taboo relationship”. So the main girl finds her fiance’s shlong in another persons hooha, and so she decides to go to said fiance’s dad for a good dicking down revenge. Bravo! You go girl. And that’s it really….oh other than the occasional yes daddy. Summary: I’ve been harboring a dark secret for two long years. I’ve been fantasizing about my fiancé’s father, thinking filthy thoughts that a good daughter-in-law should not be indulging in. So when I catch my fiancé cheating on me, there’s only one revenge that will fulfill all my needs.I’m going to seduce his father. It’s dirty and it’s wrong, and I don’t care. I want him, so I mean to have him. After this weekend, my ex won’t be the only one who calls his father Daddy.
- The Roommate by Brandy Bush: Sitting at 69 pages (*wink wink*) this book goes from incredible sexual tension between the parents and their daughters Roommate to oh hello Nekid under the coat situations. Keep a bottle of water beside you hunny you’ll need it. Summary: I really lucked up in the college roommate department with Yvonne, but I didn’t know just how much until I met her parents. I know it’s inappropriate to be lusting after Mr. & Mrs. Yu, while spending the holiday break at their house, but I’ve never felt anything like it before and I’m certain that I never will again. So, maybe this is the point of being young, experiencing new things because I can, and I want to. And I do…want to…have one night fulfilling my ultimate fantasy, so I know just how good it can be getting everything I want. That’s what my roommate’s parents give me, and I don’t regret a thing.
And these are the books i wanted to talk to someone about. This has been a good reading month for me and i’ll be back to talk about this in my wrap up! For now Click on the links and go enjoy beautiful books, remember to hydrate because they will leave you thirsty af.
Thank you for reading this post. Don’t forget to share, like and comment. Which book do you think you’ll start with?
Nelo- The Booked Unicorn